Our History

General John J. Pershing Lodge No. 62 was first consecrated in October 1959 at NATO Headquarters in Fontainebleau (France), with an initial
membership drawn from American, Canadian, British and NATO military personnel, stationed at the NATO HQ, under the jurisdiction of the Grande Loge Nationale Franҫaise.

In 1967 the French Government expelled NATO from its territory, the Lodge split in two, and along with the members, one sister Lodge was transferred to AFCENT HQ Brunssum (Netherlands); still under the jurisdiction of the Grande Loge Nationale Franҫaise. To this day our sister Lodge still exists “General John J Pershing Lodge No 62 under the jurisdiction of the Grande Loge Nationale Franҫaise working in the Pyrenes area of France.

On the 30 September 1967, General John J. Pershing Lodge was re-consecrated, still remaining on the register of the Grande Loge Nationale Franҫaise. Receiving a new Lodge number 166, on the Continental District.

In 2009, due to internal problems, the Grande Loge Nationale Franҫaise unfortunately became masonically irregular. The current and past members of the Lodge elected to transfer jurisdiction from the Grande Loge Nationale Franҫaise to the Grootoosten der Nederlanden (Grand East of The Netherlands).

After extensive discussion and negotiations, the Lodge was re-consecrated under the jurisdiction of the Grootoosten der Nederlanden (Grand East of The Netherlands) on the 02 November 2012, for the third time, receiving the new Lodge number 307. To this day we remain as General John J. Pershing Lodge Nr. 307 under the jurisdiction of the Grootoosten der Nederlanden (Grand East of The Netherlands).